Main events in the Monferrato area
There are lots of events and festivals all through the year in the Monferrato area. This is a brief list of the most important recurring events:
- the Antique Market and monuments special openings (e.g. the Civic Tower and the Municipal Theatre) in the town of Casale Monferrato, the second weekend of each month (except August);
- “Golosaria in Monferrato”: festivals, tastings and cultural events inside castles (mainly) in April;
- “Riso&Rose in Monferrato”: events related to food and wine, horticulture, art and female hobbies that take place in May in the town of Casale Monferrato and the villages in the surrounding area;
- Infernot – Special openings in specified weekends; the Infernot are typical cellars dug into a kind of rock that is present only in the Monferrato area (a Unesco World Heritage Site for this reason);
- Castles – Special openings in different weekends through the year;
- the Wine Festival in Casale Monferrato, in September, when it is possible to taste, eat and buy typical products of the area (expecially wines); More food and wine festivals take place in the villages of Rosignano Monferrato and San Salvatore Monferrato, in the same period of the year;
- two Truffles National Festivals (Fiere Internazionali del Tartufo), one in the village of Moncalvo (in October) and one in the village of Murisengo (in November); in addition the White Truffles Festival in the village of Cella Monte in October;
- the Fat Ox Fair (Fiera del Bue Grasso) and the Boiled Meats Festival (Sagra del Bollito) take place in the village of Moncalvo in December; this year celebrates the 379th edition ;
- “Nadal an Munfrà” (Christmas in Monferrato), lots of events in December and the beginning of January.
For up-to-date information please visit the "Events" page on this website, contact the Tourist Information Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or +39 0142 444.330) and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Ph. G. Pasino, "Riso&Rose in Monferrato"