Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th: the main events in and around Casale Monferrato
The main events in & around Casale Monferrato on Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th July
* EVENTS IN CASALE MONFERRATO *
The traditional event “Casale Città Aperta” (Casale Open Town) takes place on Saturday 13th (in the afternoon) and Sunday 14th (in the morning and afternoon): opening of churches and sights that are usually closed; a free tour starts from the Tourist Info Office (in piazza Castello) on Sunday at 15.30 thanks to the volunteer association Orizzonte Casale.
These are the opening times of the sights in the town: Civic Tower, Municipal Theatre, Santa Caterina Church, San Michele Church and Vitta Palace (Sat. 3.30-6.30pm, Sun. 10-12.30am and 3.30-6.30pm); Sant'Evasio Cathedral and San Domenico Church (Sat. and Sun. 3-5.30pm).
- the Civic Museum and Bistolfi Plaster Cast Gallery are open on Sat. and Sun. 10.30am - 1pm and 3 - 6.30pm (free entry because of the event "Casale Città Aperta"); it includes these two temporary exhibitions: "Angelo Morbelli. Painter of the Monferrato" (Angelo Morbelli. Pittore del Monferrato) and "Carlo Vidua. A life around the world" (Carlo Vidua. Una vita in viaggio);
- the Synagogue and Jewish Museums are open on Sun. 10-12am and 3-6pm;
- the Cathedral Treasure - Sacresty Open is open on Sut. 9-12am and 3-6pm and on Sun. 3-6pm.
In the same weekend the Antique Market takes place (Mercato Pavia in piazza Castello), with antiques and vintage stalls.
The event of "Energica on the river" continues on Saturday 13th in the evening with a concert at 9pm along the Po river (on Friday 12th there is another concert at 9.30pm).
On Sunday 14th takes place also “Galleggia non galleggia” (Floating or not floating), a goliardic competition for self-produced card board boats on the Po river; entertainment and fun for the whole family.
* EVENTS IN THE MONFERRATO AREA *
In FRASSINETO PO is open the Local Centre on Po river and its landscape on Sunday 14th from 2.30 to 6pm.
In ROSIGNANO MONFERRATO takes place an Art exhibition to celebrate the painter Angelo Morbelli ("Estemporanea Morbelli"), on Saturday 13th.
At the SACRED MOUNT OF CREA - Unesco World Heritage on Sunday 14th July is possible to take part in a guided visit that starts at 4.30pm, followed by a guided tour at a wine producer of the area (upon payment, it is necessary to book in advance).
In TREVILLE there is an event for those who love Astronomy and the observation of the sky on Saturday 13th (at 9.30pm).
Information about the province of Alessandria is available on the website www.alexala.it.
The TOURIST INFORMATION OFFICE in Casale Monferrato is open on Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 1 pm and from 3 to 7 pm.
The Office is in Piazza Castello (in front of the Municipal Theatre.
You can get in touch by telephone (+39 0142 444 330) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article includes events and information as they have been signaled by the Municipalities of the area.